söndag 23 januari 2011

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit. Wohoo!

So I decided to go to the Skylon Tower to try and determine if light pollution could somehow form those two lights that often appear beside the reflection. Being a good scientist, you know? Checking out all the angles, even if it means you accidentally prove it's a natural phenomenon and you have to go home.

Got there about 5 and decided to wait around until the sun went down, and for the spotlights to come on. Took some pictures of the surroundings. The falls were beautiful from that height, as I'll show you in a moment.

So I see the spotlights come on and go out on the walkway, and... there it is! Holy shit, it's appearing out of nowhere, in thin air, and there are no clouds around! I grab my handy (or so I thought) $5000 camera, put it to Program ('cause I want fast images and I don't wanna mess around with the settings) and get... nothing. I keep trying with different settings back and forth, being really stressed, but no. I don't think I managed to get one shot of it.

The light looked like one of those crystals from Superman 2 if anyone remembers. Same overall shape, but with rounded corners. No "spot" of light, only a long, crystal from Superman 2ish area being lit up, mid-air and only when the bright spotlight was pointing almost straight up. It didn't look like a crystal though, it looked like there was suddenly mist there when the spotlight hit that area, then it went back to being completely (!!) invisible to the naked eye.



Never cursed so much in my life. I'm in the process of downloading the images from my camera, and I guess I did a podcast of sorts with my other camera which I'll upload to Youtube too.

There is one good thing about this though. I was able to confirm the angle, and this thing is Low in the sky! Just now I got back from visiting the tower the second time. I asked some girls to help me read the new clinometer I created since it needs to be read from the side. I re-did the test once just to make sure we got the same angle twice, and we did. The UFO appeared straight above the spotlights, and the angle I got from the observation deck of the Skylon Tower was 40 degrees. Math coming up on that one, but it's low! Way below where any aircraft might fly.


Youtube video and some pictures of at least the falls coming up!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar