måndag 17 januari 2011

The light: "I'll be back" *3 days later* "I'm back"

The phenomenon appeared again today! Same story as last time basically. Shows up, stays in same place, flashes on and off (very erratically), faint sometimes, pretty strong sometimes, then disappears as the mist over the town gets too thick.

The difference this time was that it was visible over a much longer period of time. I spotted it as I was walking around the area around the spotlights/searchlights (for the purpose of spotting it) at about 6:30 and it kept going for about 3 hours.

This time around I didn't have the guy with the night vision camera around (shivercanada), so no night vision shots today. I did have the other local enthusiast, handeroo, around. He called up a bunch of other people, like this really nice old guy who taught me a bunch of stuff about my new camera, and a cop of all people.

The old guy (I forgot his name, but I'm called "The Swede" here, so he'll have to go by "The old guy") helped me take some shots I haven't really had time to look at, but I'll upload them if they turned out okay, which I believe at least a few did.

Also managed to get an angle, using the tool I created. I hadn't attached the string to it, which caused some problems, but the angle I got was 18°. Gonna see if I can't figure something out of that piece of information.... tomorrow. Bed time soon.

Watch 'em skies, yall! /Redneck Mulder

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar