måndag 17 januari 2011

Voodoo mathematics

Edit: I got the distance wrong. I was actually at a parking lot a lot closer. I'll redo the math later today. BTW. Some awesome photos from my monster camera about to be uploaded! 

For the first time in my life I actually couldn't stop myself from doing some math. Anyway, according to some rough math, the object is at an altitude of 4765m (3 miles, or 15630 feet).



Using the distance (Side b) and the angle (Angle A or B) you get 4765.

This is based on the assumption that the object (or phenomenon or whatever, I'll just call it object from now on) is hovering straight above the spotlights/searchlights and that the angle I got from using my home made clinometer is fairly accurate. I didn't have the equipment necessary to calculate the exact position it was hovering over. Next time, next time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar